1 a crystal of snow [syn: flake]
- Breton: fulenn erc'h fulennoù erc'h plural, malzenn erc'h -où erc'h plural
- Bulgarian: снежинка
- Chinese: 雪花 (xuěhuā)
- Czech: sněhová vločka
- Dutch: sneeuwvlok
- Finnish: lumihiutale
- French: flocon de neige
- German: Schneeflocke
- Hungarian: hópehely, hópihe
- Interlingua: flocco de neve
- Italian: fiocco di neve
- Japanese: 雪花 (せっか, sekka)
- Polish: płatek śniegu
- Portuguese: floco de neve
- Serbian: snegulja, sneguljica
- Spanish: copo de nieve
- Swedish: snöflinga
Snowflake may refer to:
- A particle of snow, an aggregate of ice crystals that forms while falling in and below a cloud.
- Snowflake (plant), flowering plants in the genus Leucojum
- A colloquial name for the Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis)
- Snowflake, Arizona, a town in the United States.
- Wilson Bentley, nicknamed Snowflake because he photographed thousands of snowflakes after devising a method on January 15, 1885 to capture their images before their shape altered or deteriorated .
- Copito de Nieve, an albino gorilla nicknamed Snowflake, who lived at Barcelona Zoo, Spain.
- Koch snowflake, a geometric fractal.
- Snowflake schema, a type of star schema in data management.
- A booking class on flights run by Scandinavian Airlines System.
- A name for a memo from the U.S. Secretary of Defense.
- Snowflake children, a child conceived through in vitro fertilization and born after embryo donation.
snowflake in Spanish: Ampo
snowflake in French: Flocon
snowflake in Simple English: Snowflake
avalanche, blizzard, crystal, driven snow, flake, flurry, granular snow, igloo, mantle of snow, mogul, slosh, slush, snow, snow banner, snow bed, snow blanket, snow blast, snow fence, snow flurry, snow roller, snow slush, snow squall, snow wreath, snow-crystal, snowball, snowbank, snowbridge, snowcap, snowdrift, snowfall, snowfield, snowland, snowman, snowscape, snowshed, snowslide, snowslip, snowstorm, wet snow